“To be a leader in the delivery of psycho-social rehabilitation services, helping individuals experiencing mental health and substance use issues achieve personal recovery in an inclusive society.”
“To help individuals experiencing mental health challenges by promoting individual recovery through evidence-based programs, housing, community partnerships, client and family involvement.”
In order to achieve the Mission Statement, ICMH will provide services that:
- Are a centre for the development and delivery of best practice services focused on positive results and change in people’s lives;
- Serve primarily youth and adults with major mental illnesses;
- Focus on recovery-based services;
- Are flexible and responsive to its environment.
Education and Advocacy Vision
ICMH will be a community centre of knowledge regarding information, referrals, system navigation, advocacy, and services (e.g., housing, employment, education, recreation). In addition, ICMH will participate in activities to:
- Increase public awareness of mental health issues;
- Participate in broad scale advocacy efforts;
- Cooperate with other organizations to increase scope/effectiveness of service delivery;
- Expand funding sources to provide additional services.
Our mission is to enhance and enrich the quality of life for people with a mental illness.
We promote integration in the communities surrounding Victoria through partnerships with the individual, their family members and the community.
Operating since 1956, Island Community Mental Health is a non-profit organization that offers psychosocial rehabilitation services to people who live with a mental illness. Each year we provide services to more than 800 adults in the Capital Regional District who are recovering from mental illness.
This website is for informational purposes. Only a licensed health care professional can diagnose and prescribe treatment for mental illness.