This fall, our Housing Rehabilitation and Support program is offering the Ready to Rent workshop series. This series of six two-hour workshops covers areas including:
- What landlords are looking for in a tenant
- Issues that may affect your ability to get the housing you need
- Banking, credit and finance
- Short and long term financial goals
- Determining your housing budget
- Figuring out housing needs and wants
- Understanding how to complete a rental application
- Tenant and landlord housing rights and responsibilities
- Fire safety & insurance
- Existing community resources
- Communications skills that will help you in relationships with landlords, neighbours and roommates.
Graduates receive a Ready to Rent certificate recognized be housing providers as a reliable and trustworthy housing reference.