ICMH is closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and will follow the latest advice from provincial and federal health agencies. The safety of our staff and clients is very important to all of us and we are taking the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of this illness in our community.
With that in mind, we will be cancelling all regular Groups until further notice. HOWEVER, we are brainstorming novel and creative ways to keep in contact and help clients through this uncertain time. Coaches will individually reach out to each client to connect and let them know what may be happening. Continue to check this page and our Facebook page for updates.
Here are some of the ways ICMH is addressing the situation:
- We are stepping up our cleaning protocols at all of our locations by making sure high touch areas are kept clean and sanitized
- We are asking that any individuals that have signs and symptoms of illness (fever, cough, etc) do not enter our buildings
- We are asking all visitors to use hand cleaner as soon as they enter the building before they touch anything
- We have checked our cleaning supplies at all of our locations to make sure they are adequate
- We have asked all staff that have one-on-one visits with clients to have phone or Skype meetings as opposed to face to face meetings
- We have asked programs that have groups out in the community to put them on hold for the time being
We will continue to monitor public health messages that impact ICMH and update our community should the situation change. If you would like more details on how to protect you and your family from Coronavirus, please contact Island Health or check out the BC Centre for Disease Control website at http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19. They have excellent information in a variety of languages.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.