Archive for month: February, 2013
Máirtín S. McDermott, PhD, Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King’s College London; Theresa M. Marteau, PhD, Gareth J. Hollands, PhD, Psychology Department (at Guy’s), Health Psychology Section, King’s College London; Matthew Hankins, PhD, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton; Paul Aveyard, PhD, Primary Care Clinical Sciences, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK.
- Correspondence: Máirtín S. McDermott, Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King’s College London, James Clerk Maxwell Building, 57 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8WA, UK. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Declaration of interestP.A. has done consultancy and research on smoking cessation for pharmaceutical companies.
By Nathan Feiles, LMSW
Creating motivation when feeling depressed can be one of the most difficult things a person can do. An episode of depression can be physically and emotionally draining. The simplest of tasks seem to take maximum effort, and sometimes even beyond maximum. Some may feel lethargic. It may be tough make meals, or clean up at home, or take showers, or even get out of bed.
Unfortunately, it’s not usually as simple as this. If everybody tried to wait out their depressive episodes, some people would be in bed for 20 years, realizing somewhere along the way that depression actually tends to breed depression if it’s not actively confronted. That’s right, catering to our depressive urges actually reinforces them. To read more, click here.
Permissive Tax Exemptions:
- Blooms for Benefit Calendar – on Chek NewsJanuary 7, 2019 - 10:47 am
- Blooms for Benefit CalendarDecember 17, 2018 - 1:55 pm
- Goldstream Tattoo donates funds from flash event to Island Community Mental HealthNovember 7, 2017 - 12:27 pm
- Stand By Me- Fashion Show Fundraiser Success!October 30, 2017 - 11:32 am
- Alzheimer's Support Program
- Careers – Employees only
- Employees Only
- Friendship Centre
- Housing Rehabilitation and Support
- Island Community Mental health
- Networks Employment Solutions
- Residential Licensed Care
- Seniors' Support Program
- Supported Education
- The Bridge Centre