Click here to read this newsletter.
Archive for month: March, 2013
Click here to check out the website.
By Traci Pedersen Associate News Editor
Reviewed by John M. Grohol, Psy.D. on March 3, 2013
VICTORIA (NEWS1130) – A family on Vancouver Island is calling for more emergency mental health care for kids across the province.
More than 25,000 people have signed a petition, calling on our health minister to close what it calls a serious gap in critical care.
The petition was started Owen Bradley and his wife Kelly of Victoria. They are the parents of an 11-year-old girl who suffers from bi-polar disorder.
Owen says their daughter was sent home from hospital several times, despite being in obvious and violent mental distress.
“After initial intake, there’s not really a comprehensive plan for dealing with a child in a mental health crisis. There’s just the initial emergency intake… they do some testing, and then basically, you’re released,” he tells us.
He explains they want the province to more mental health services for young children.
“The goal is to provide a comprehensive plan for children in mental health crisis that follows through from emergency intake and treatment and into the next step of whatever treatment is most appropriate.” Click here to read on.
But if the obsessive compulsions interfere with a new mother’s functioning, they may indicate a psychological disorder, the researchers warn. Click here to read on.
2) If you are obtaining drugs illicitly, you may put yourself at risk of harm by dealing with unsavory people and environments. Your therapist needs to know that you are acting responsibly and keeping yourself safe.
To read more, click here.
Permissive Tax Exemptions:
- Blooms for Benefit Calendar – on Chek NewsJanuary 7, 2019 - 10:47 am
- Blooms for Benefit CalendarDecember 17, 2018 - 1:55 pm
- Goldstream Tattoo donates funds from flash event to Island Community Mental HealthNovember 7, 2017 - 12:27 pm
- Stand By Me- Fashion Show Fundraiser Success!October 30, 2017 - 11:32 am
- Alzheimer's Support Program
- Careers – Employees only
- Employees Only
- Friendship Centre
- Housing Rehabilitation and Support
- Island Community Mental health
- Networks Employment Solutions
- Residential Licensed Care
- Seniors' Support Program
- Supported Education
- The Bridge Centre