Provides a liaison role with service providers, case managers, caregivers and other treatment providers.
The Manager is expected to implement new service standards and manage both the staff and program in accordance with all policies and procedures.
This position works 4 days per week, 7 hours per day.
- Contacts/confers with community resources (e.g., family physician or case manager)
- Plans, develops and implements programming tailored to meet the needs of clients;
- Conducts intake interviews with caregivers to assess clients in the Alzheimer Support Program;
- Oversight and management of staff and the day to day operations of the program;
- Responsible for assigning work, providing feedback and evaluations, determining training requirements, orienting new staff and resolving staffing issues.
- Completes and maintains related records and documents such as progress reports, statistics, and service logs;
- Answers general inquiries by telephone or in person, and provides directive and routine information about policies and programs;
Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skillls
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize;
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- Ability in conducting objective assessments ;
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients, caregivers and other professionals;
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients;
- Ability to supervise and direct staff;
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others;
- Ability to provide a calm, easy going and stable environment for clients and staff
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to think creatively
- Computer skills
Licensed Practical Nurse, Social Work degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in a field that lends itself to the support of senior care. At least two years of Management/Supervisory experience. Experience with dementia and adult day programming preferred.
Please send your resume to Sarah Crawley